One of the most important aspects of any customer success team is ensuring that customers are satisfied with the product and renew their subscriptions.
But renewal emails can often be impersonal and lack the necessary details for customers to make informed decisions about their subscription.
Just imagine this scenario, for instance. A customer is coming up to the end of their subscription period, and they receive an auto-generated renewal email from our company. The email is filled with technical jargon and doesn't clearly explain their subscription options or the benefits of renewing. The customer is confused and frustrated, unsure if they should renew or not.
Although this is just an example, it’s actually a common pain point for customer success managers: How can you create renewal emails that are both informative and personalized? It's a difficult task to do at scale, especially if we have hundreds or thousands of customers.
But now, using Census, customer success managers can create renewal emails that contain all the necessary information in a clear and concise manner. Here are the ten customer fields you’ll need to auto-generate renewal emails with subscription details:
It might be obvious, but by creating personalized email renewal campaigns, you’ll reap benefits like:
- Increased renewal rates: By providing all the necessary information in a clear and concise manner, customers are more likely to renew their subscription.
- Saved time and effort: Instead of manually creating renewal emails for each customer, customer success managers can automate the process and save time and effort.
- Improved customer satisfaction: Personalized and informative renewal emails show customers that we care about their business and are committed to their success.
- Reduced customer churn: By providing all the necessary information upfront, customers are less likely to churn due to confusion or lack of information.
Sounds good, right? Here’s how to get started with your campaign:
- Identify the necessary customer fields, such as customer_name, subscription_type, and renewal_options.
- Create an email template.
- Determine which sales engagement tool you're using and how you can add custom fields to your user data. Census has integrations with 160+ SaaS tools, including email tools like Braze, Iterable, HubSpot, ActiveCampaign, and MailChimp.
- Add the ten customer fields mentioned above to your user data. You can even use a custom audience list created in Census’s Audience Hub.
- Set automation and notifications of email engagement for your CS team to follow up.
- Continuously monitor and refine the renewal email process to improve customer satisfaction and renewal rates.
Once your team has implemented the "Auto-Generated Renewal Email with Subscription Details" playbook, they can also use the customer data for other use cases that help them achieve their goals.
For example, they can use the data to create personalized email campaigns, refine customer segmentation, and identify upsell opportunities.