Direct mail campaigns can be a great way to reach a large audience, especially if you have a diverse customer base spread across different geographical locations.
Unfortunately, these campaigns are usually created with a one-size-fits-all approach, resulting in generic content that might not resonate with all recipients. But historically, in order to get the personalization piece in place, marketers have to wade through a sea of customer data just to tailor the campaigns to specific customer groups effectively.
Let's be honest: No one has time for that. And, as a result, these campaigns experience poor engagement, missed opportunities, and low return on investment (ROI).
What if your marketing efforts could be more targeted, individualized, and as a result, more effective? By activating your data with tools like Census, you can access a wealth of information about your customers which can be used to segment your audience into distinct groups based on various factors such as demographics, past purchases, interests, lifestyle segments, and more.
Once you have these detailed customer segments, you can create personalized direct mail campaigns that speak directly to each group's unique needs, interests, and characteristics. Now, each recipient gets a message that resonates with them personally, leading to higher engagement and more successful campaigns.
Below are the ten customer fields that you'll need to get started:
With the relevant customer fields in hand, here's how to use Census for customer segmentation:
- Connect your data source and destination to Census. We have integrations to 130+ SaaS tools.
- Map the relevant customer fields.
- Set up automation rules in Census to trigger updates when changes occur in your customer data.
- Use Census's Audience Hub to segment your customer base on multiple criteria such as demographics, past purchases, interests, lifestyle segments, and more.
- Based on these detailed customer segments, create personalized, targeted direct mail campaigns that resonate with each group.
- As your campaigns roll out, monitor and analyze your campaign results. This will give you insights into what's working and what isn't.
- Adjust your campaign strategies based on these insights. With Census, you can iteratively refine your segments and targeting to continuously improve your campaign performance.
Extend these customer segmentation and personalized messaging principles to other areas of your organization. You can leverage segmentation in your product development to tailor offerings to different customer groups, in your customer success to offer personalized support, or in your email marketing to create more relevant and engaging content.