As a data analyst working with the sales organization, one of the challenges you’re likely to face is identifying and pursuing cross-selling opportunities with existing customers.
While your CRM contains valuable customer information, it probably lacks targeting or scoring to help identify these scenarios. And manually calculating and sending cross-sell probability scores for each customer account is time-consuming and error-prone, to say the least.
But luckily, you can leverage Census to automate the process of modeling and sending cross-sell probability scores for customer accounts into your CRM to easily empower your front-line sales team with valuable insights to drive their cross-selling efforts.
This allows you to:
- Create qualified opportunities for your Sales team: With cross-sell scores in your CRM, you’re able to create opportunities on accounts with a high potential for cross-selling success. This will help your sales team focus their efforts on the most viable opportunities for expansion in their books of business.
- Promote new product updates: By leveraging cross-sell probability scores, your marketing team can target customer segments based on their purchase history and usage. Custom & tailored campaigns will maximize —— promotions, and content to these customers, resulting in increased product adoption, customer satisfaction, and ultimately, higher customer lifetime value.
- Improve brand recall where it matters: For customers who are ready to use your products across different parts of their organization, you’ll want to keep brand top-of-mind. Customers will be reminded of your brand and offerings, through targeted marketing & advertising across multiple channels, boosting brand recognition and long-term loyalty. Ensuring that your marketing team is targeting the right segments will boost ROI, conversion rates, and overall brand effectiveness.
- Increase collaboration within customer-facing teams: With the introduction of another account scoring element in your CRM, your customer-facing teams will have more territory to collaborate on
- Enhance customer segmentation: Cross-sell probability scores can also be used to further refine your customer segmentation based on customers' likelihood of cross-buying. This allows your marketing team to create more targeted and effective marketing campaigns tailored to specific customer segments, resulting in improved customer engagement, conversion rates, and overall marketing performance.
To get started, you’ll need the following customer fields in your CRM (which you can get using Census data activation):
|Customer Field Name
||Unique identifier for the customer account
||History of customer's past purchases
||Customer's interest in specific products
||Customer segmentation based on demographics or behavior
||Customer's email open rate
||Customer's engagement with your website
||Customer's social media followers count
||Customer's geographic location
||Customer's estimated lifetime value
||Calculated cross-sell probability score for the customer
Here is a step-by-step walkthrough for sending cross-sell probability scores into a CRM:
Step 1: Connect your data source(s)
- Sign up for a Census account and connect your data sources, such as your CRM system, email marketing platform, and any other relevant data sources.
- Use Census data activation to select and sync the customer fields that you want to use for modeling cross-sell probability scores, such as customer_name, email, subscription_plan, purchase_history, customer_location, industry, company_size, last_activity_date, open_rate, click_rate, and conversion_rate.
Step 2: Model cross-sell probability scores
- Use Census to create a cross-sell probability model based on the selected customer fields. This can involve using machine learning algorithms, statistical techniques, or custom logic to calculate the cross-sell probability scores for each customer account.
- Customize the model parameters, such as the weightings, thresholds, or other variables, based on your specific business goals and requirements.
Step 3: Send scores to your CRM
- Once the cross-sell probability scores are calculated, use Census to sync the scores to your CRM system, (e.g. Salesforce, HubSpot, or Marketo).
- Map the cross-sell probability scores to the corresponding customer accounts in your CRM system, using fields such as cross_sell_probability or cross_sell_score.
- Set up automated workflows or notifications in your CRM system to alert your sales and marketing teams about new high-potential cross-sell opportunities.
Once you've implemented cross-sell probability scoring in your marketing strategy using Census, you can take your efforts a step further:
- Refine and expand segmentation: Continuously refine and expand your customer segmentation based on the insights gained from the cross-sell probability scores. Identify new customer segments with high cross-sell potential and create targeted marketing campaigns tailored to those segments. Continue updating relevant customer fields in your CRM system to ensure accurate segmentation.
- Optimize customer engagement: Leverage the cross-sell probability scores to optimize your customer engagement efforts. Create personalized and targeted marketing campaigns using the cross-sell probability scores to prioritize high-potential cross-sell opportunities. Experiment with different messaging, channels, and offers to improve customer engagement and conversion rates.
- Leverage CRM integration: Take advantage of the seamless integration of cross-sell probability scores into your CRM system to enable your sales and marketing teams to leverage the insights in their day-to-day workflows. Train your sales team to prioritize high-potential cross-sell opportunities identified by the scores and use the scores as conversation starters with customers. Use the scores to trigger automated workflows in your CRM system, such as follow-up emails or alerts to sales representatives.