When it comes to app downloads and account sign-ups, many users abandon the process midway.
It might not seem like a huge deal — after all, they did sign up, right? — but it leaves a ton of potential revenue on the table.
So when you send reminder emails to those “halfway-there” users to nudge them through the finish line, you can boost engagement, retention, and revenue.
But identifying and targeting these users can be challenging. It requires a seamless integration of data from various sources and a well-coordinated email campaign. Fortunately, with Census, you can initiate this in a snap and start reaping benefits like:
- More user engagement: Sending reminder emails can help re-engage users who have not yet completed the verification step. By sending them friendly bumps to take action, you increase the likelihood of turning them into active users.
- Improved retention: Encouraging users to complete the verification process leads to higher retention rates since verified users are more likely to become long-term, loyal customers.
- Increased revenue: By converting more registered users into verified users, you can tap into a larger user base, increasing the potential for in-app purchases, subscriptions, or other revenue streams.
- Enhanced user experience: It’s true — personalized reminder emails make users feel valued. And when you make them feel valued, you foster a positive user experience and promote brand loyalty.
To implement this solution, you'll need the following customer fields:
- user_id: Unique identifier for the user
- email: User's email address
- app_installed: Timestamp of app installation
- account_registered: Timestamp of account registration
- account_verified: Timestamp of account verification
- last_email_sent: Timestamp of the last email sent to the user
- email_opened: Timestamp of the last email opened by the user
- email_clicked: Timestamp of the last email link clicked by the user
- account_status: User's account status (e.g., registered, verified, inactive)
- user_segment: User segmentation based on behavior, preferences, or demographics
With these fields in hand, you can started in 3 easy steps 👇
- Connect your data source. This can be a data warehouse like Snowflake, BigQuery, Redshift, or Databricks or a database like Postgres, SQL Server, or MySQL
- Connect your destination application, like Marketo, Braze, or Iterable. We have integrations with over 100+ SaaS tools.
- Map fields to sync customer data. Better yet, use a custom audience list created in Census Segments.
Explore other ways to reuse the data for additional use cases:
- Onboarding campaigns: Create personalized onboarding campaigns to educate new users about your app's features and benefits, driving user engagement and retention.
- Win-back campaigns: Target inactive users with win-back campaigns to re-engage them and drive them back to your app.
- Upsell campaigns: Identify users who are most likely to make a purchase and target them with personalized upsell campaigns to drive revenue growth.
- Referral campaigns: Encourage your most loyal customers to refer their friends and family to your app, driving user acquisition and growth.